A MEDICINE OF EXCELLENCE
- One of the best health system in the world according to WHO in the year 2000.
On 21st June 2000, the WHO (World Health Organization) conducted the first health system analysis around the world. Five performance indicators were used to measure the health systems of the 191 member States.
The analysis concluded that France provided the best health care in the world.
- Best results in the world for the management of treatable diseases in patients under 75
- Creation of University Hospital Centers (CHU) in 1958. True centers of excellence with a very high technical level.
French university hospitals have a triple historical mission: high-level care, teaching and research.
They are often the biggest employers in each French region, with 30 billion euros in annual budgets and 131 reference centers.
These CHUs are present in each of the cities that HOSPPE offers you.
The international influence of French university hospitals is well established. Many partnerships are signed to train doctors from around the world.
- Many French world premieres :
* 112 world premieres since 1958 (date of the creation of the university hospitals),
* 110 000 patients included in the research projects,
* 1.3 billion euros allocated to research,
* More than 1000 annual publications in prestige medical journals (NEJM, Lancet, JAMA, Nature, Science).
- Three Nobel Prizes in Medicine since 2008
- World-renowned research teams. Top laboratories (INSERM, CNRS, Institut Pasteur, CEA, IHU, INRA).
- International expertise recognized for the management of rare and complex diseases.
- Humanitarian organizations of international renown (Médecins Sans Frontière, Médecin du Monde, Chaîne de l’Espoir,…).
REDUCED WAITING TIMES
The waiting time for surgery in France is less than four months in 93% of cases, making it one of the lowest waiting times in the world.
KNOW-HOW IN HOSTING FOREIGNERS
The world's leading tourist destination with 85 million international tourists a year, France has developed a unique infrastructure to facilitate hospitality to foreigners.
Transport networks (airport, station, motorway), hotel structures (hotel, rental, ...), catering, are very developed, especially in the 27 university cities that HOSPPE offers.
The tourist attraction of France is explained by the large number of points of interest, and the richness of its historical, cultural and gastronomic heritage.